Resilience & Wellbeing
Our resilience & wellbeing program is based on ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Training. Dr Russ Harris, co-director of PsyFlex, is the author of the world’s best-selling book on ACT. Titled ‘The Happiness Trap’ (because popular ideas of happiness can easily make you miserable in the long term), this powerful personal development book has now sold half a million copies sold, and been translated into thirty languages.
Acceptance starts with accepting ourselves, then accepting others and finally helping others.
“Self-acceptance means you refuse to buy into the judgments your mind makes about you, whether they’re good judgments or bad ones. Instead of judging yourself, recognize your strengths and weaknesses, and you can do what you can to be the person you want to be” (Russ Harris, The Happiness Trap)
When we accept ourselves we are more present, less burnt out and function as authentic role models for our clients.
Based on the ACT model, this training helps people to clarify personal values, translate them into effective action plans, and develop mindfulness skills. It enables them to develop practical problem-solving strategies and efficiently handle both everyday challenges and unexpected crises.
Easy to use in any environment, this 6-week training provides participants with a comprehensive grounding in ‘psychological flexibility’, to help them build resilience, reduce stress, increase wellbeing, enhance relationships, and improve performance.
Coming soon: New Online Training Modules
- Dealing With Difficult People (Incivility, bullying and harassment etc)
- Dealing With Insomnia
- Breaking Bad Habits
- Dealing With Trauma
- Difficult Conversations
- From FEAR to DARE
Coaching for Success
- Executive Coaching
- Performance Coaching – Personal and Team Coaching
- Injury Management, Return to work and Human Resource specialist coaching
Executive and Performance Coaching – Format
- Coaching sessions run for between 1-½ hours at a mutually agreed place and time.
- Sessions can be held face-to-face or over the phone, or a combination thereof.
- Additional 24/7 support is included and available by phone/ email.
- A typical coaching programme would be based on 12 x 1.5 hour sessions of coaching.
From Stress to Success – Resilience Workshops
PsyFlex offers you something very new and very different from commonplace approaches to resilience training.
As leaders in the field, we bring you the latest evidence-based, research-backed methodology – not only for building resilience, but for simultaneously increasing wellbeing, enhancing performance, and improving relationships. The one common factor that facilitates all these different outcomes, is a special mental skill-set known as ‘psychological flexibility’.
The best leaders are those that are able to quickly adapt to challenges, support their teams both in times of ease and difficulty, and encourage others to do the same.Research shows that psychological flexibility is the highest predictor of a person’s ability to:
- Work effectively,
- Develop and maintain productive and supportive relationships,
- Maintain focus on the task at hand, even when it is very challenging, and
- Achieve outstanding results.
Psychologically flexible people are able to respond more effectively to any type of work situation – during both times of ease and of pressure. This naturally leads to better levels of performance, job satisfaction, engagement, mental health and absence rates.
With today’s ever-changing economy, the ability to maintain focus on a difficult task and take effective action, (or refrain from taking ineffective action) is essential.
PsyFlex resilience training will enable you to develop psychological flexibility and become more successful in:
- Building healthy relationships (and effectively handling conflict) at work and home,
- Dealing with difficult situations, difficult feelings, and difficult people,
- Taking effective values-guided action, regardless of your fears or self-doubts.
- Responding quickly to opportunities as they arise.
Book Now: Sydney 12 & 13 September Adelaide 17 October Perth 24 &25 October Melbourne 14 & 15 November