The Cutting Edge in Workplace Wellbeing and Resilience
Is your business constantly changing? Are you experiencing people issues such as incivility, poor teamwork, disengagement or absenteeism? Is your wellbeing strategy creaking under the strain? Do these kinds of issues affect you personally or your workplace?
If so, don’t miss our new and unique workshops on wellbeing and resilience, packed with the latest evidence-based methods for effective behavioural change. Using real life case studies and a range of simple but powerful tools, these two days will empower you to change your life and work environment for the better.
Following a very successful launch in 2015, this workshop will now be delivered in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide.
Research shows that workplace stress and mental health issues have a significant negative impact on both employee and organisational performance. A supportive work environment builds resilience and helps employees through periods of economic and social stress.
Resilient people are able to ‘bounce back’ from stress and setbacks, and move confidently forward in turbulent times – remaining effective and productive. Therefore, there is a real need for employers to provide safe and healthy work environments, regular health checks, and evidence-based approaches to developing healthy organisations.
PsyFlex interactive two-day workshops, co-created by Dr Russ Harris and Dr Natasha Lazareski, a world experts in the ACT model and Occupational Health, will not only demystify psychosocial risks, but also provide the tools to build and maintain a flexible, healthy workplace. These workshops utilise the best practice, evidence-based models of psychosocial risk assessment and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Training), to empower managers in creating flexible, healthy and engaged workplaces.
◊ ◊ ◊
DAY 1 “FROM STRESS TO SUCCESS: THE SECRET OF RESILIENCE”
Resilience: What Is It & Why Does It Matter?
Resilience is a hot topic right now. And that’s hardly surprising. In the last decade, a wealth of research has shown that resilience – the capacity to recover quickly and act effectively in the face of difficulties – is a key determinant of wellbeing and productivity in the workplace.
Is resilience simply a matter of positive thinking, relaxation techniques, and taking time to ‘chill out’? Far from it! If you’ve ever tried such ‘pop psychology’ methods, you’ve undoubtedly found they weren’t of much use to you when the going truly gets tough.
So What’s New?
PsyFlex offers you something very new and very different from commonplace approaches to resilience training.
As leaders in the field, we bring you the latest evidence-based, research-backed methodology – not only for building resilience, but for simultaneously increasing wellbeing, enhancing performance, and improving relationships. The one common factor that facilitates all these different outcomes, is a special mental skill-set known as ‘psychological flexibility’.
The best leaders are those that are able to quickly adapt to challenges, support their teams both in times of ease and difficulty, and encourage others to do the same.Research shows that psychological flexibility is the highest predictor of a person’s ability to:
- Work effectively,
- Develop and maintain productive and supportive relationships,
- Maintain focus on the task at hand, even when it is very challenging, and
- Achieve outstanding results.
Psychologically flexible people are able to respond more effectively to any type of work situation – during both times of ease and of pressure. This naturally leads to better levels of performance, job satisfaction, engagement, mental health and absence rates.
With today’s ever-changing economy, the ability to maintain focus on a difficult task and take effective action, (or refrain from taking ineffective action) is essential.
PsyFlex resilience training will enable you to develop psychological flexibility and become more successful in:
- Building healthy relationships (and effectively handling conflict) at work and home,
- Dealing with difficult situations, difficult feelings, and difficult people,
- Taking effective values-guided action, regardless of your fears or self-doubts.
- Responding quickly to opportunities as they arise.
◊ ◊ ◊
DAY 2 “ BEYOND TRADITIONAL WELLBEING: THE SUSTAINABLE, THRIVING WORKPLACE“
Wellbeing is a buzzword these days. Businesses are told that they need it and there are more and more providers claiming to have ‘the best wellbeing approach’
How do we define organisational wellbeing?
Organisational wellbeing is a framework created to ensure that employees are safe, healthy and engaged, performing at an optimal level, and taking good care of their physical, psychological and social needs. It needs to align with the organisation’
s values and strategic goals.
So what’s new?
The PsyFlex model helps you develop a more holistic, strategic and sustainable wellbeing framework, based on the latest scientific research into mind, behaviour and social interaction.
It helps you build and tailor your approach to designing and developing workplaces; how you support and manage employees and the way you assess and review the workplace health risks.
How Is The PsyFlex Model Different From Standard Wellbeing Approaches?
Most organisations have some sort of ‘wellbeing’ initiative or a ‘wellbeing approach’. However, these are rarely, if ever, holistic or strategic. Typical wellbeing approaches:
- Are not based on analytical and scientific bases, and lack ongoing monitoring and updating.
- Are not embedded into organizational framework, nor aligned with organisational strategy and values.
- Are mostly reactive, without providing a sustainable, long term solution.
- Are based on compliance: “ I will do it because ‘they say’ I have to – not because it is meaningful to me”.
- Do not do not build commitment and drive behavioural change, which means there is no significant change to the organisational environment.
The PsyFlex model drives wellbeing throughout the organisation. It inspires each individual within the organisation to commit to achieving a healthy, safe and supportive environment.
This workshop will help you:
- Understand the psychosocial risks in the workplace and the key elements of a successful organisational health an wellbeing platform
- Understand the basis for a holistic, strategic and sustainable health and wellbeing approach.
- Learn how to influence the culture of your organisation.
- Understand the role of business systems and people leaders in creating a positive workplace culture.
- Learn to develop a strategic approach to managing defined risks on all levels: organisational, group/team and individual.
No products were found matching your selection.